MS, CPA, ABV
Paul has been the Managing Partner of Onisko & Scholz since 2004. He also serves as the partner in charge of tax planning and compliance for individuals, corporations, estates, trusts, partnerships and LLCs. Paul supervises a staff of CPAs who specialize in income, estate and other taxes including payroll, property, and sales and use taxes.
Paul is personally involved with estate planning and compliance for high net worth individuals and estates. He has industry experience with professional service organizations, nonprofits, retail, wholesale distribution, manufacturing, real estate investment and construction.
Prior to 2004 Paul was sole shareholder of Paul P. Scholz CPA Inc., A Professional Corporation. He had a staff of five and was located in the Bixby Knolls area of Long Beach between 1993 and 2004.
Prior to establishing Paul P. Scholz CPA Inc., APC, he was a manager of tax compliance for CalFed Bank for eight years, ending in 1993. While there, he was responsible for the filing of consolidated federal and multi-state income tax returns for approximately three dozen affiliates, operating in twelve states. The companies within the group included bank holding companies, real estate developers, mortgage brokers and insurance companies.
Prior to this Paul held staff positions in a local CPA firm and a steel company. Outside of the office you can find Paul hunting, fishing, scuba diving or volunteering his time with the California Department of Fish and Wildlife.
- Golden Gate University: Master of Science, Business Taxation
- California State University, Long Beach: Bachelor of Science, Accounting
- Certified Public Accountant, State of California License: 34827
- Member California Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Member American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Former Member for IRS Information Reporting Program Advisory Committee (IRPAC)
- Golden Gate University LA, Tax Advisory Board Member
- Board Member Rotary Club of Long Beach 2015-2016
- Associate Member Professional Fiduciary Association of California (PFAC)
- Accredited in Business Valuation, AICPA