Doing business in the U.S., where to start

  • Market Research
    • What is the demand for your product or service?
    • Who are your competitors?
  • Find a team of professionals that can support you
    • Our recommendations
      • CPA Firm
      • International Attorney  
      • Immigration Attorney
      • Banker
        • Setting up a bank account for a foreign company or individual can be complex.  We can assist you with this.
  • Once you’ve found your team, what corporate structure should you set up?
    • How long does it take?
    • What paperwork do you need?
    • Pros and cons of each entity structure
      • LLC
      • Corporation
      • S-Corporation
  • Things to consider:
    • Cost of doing business
      • What are the tax laws?
      • Startup costs?  What will you have to pay advisors?
    • Entry and residence
      • How many times a year can you visit? And for what length of time?
      • Do you need a visa?
        • If so, what type?
    • Get your product moving
    • Distribution
      • Find your sales team
    • US reporting requirements
    • Federal, State, County & City Laws
      • Business license
      • Resale license
    • Entry and Residence, visa requirements

Get In Touch

  • At Onisko & Scholz, LLP, we've been serving the accounting needs of Long Beach, California and the surrounding areas for years. If you need help managing any aspect of your home or business's finances, we want to hear from you.

    Please fill out this form and let us know how we can be of service.

    Thank you for visiting. We look forward to working together!

Your Information




If you require a CPA that goes above and beyond in the areas of tax and accounting, please contact Onisko & Scholz today.