Estate planning on your own can be complicated and costly. And the list is endless… state taxes, bureaucracy, probate courts, unfair appraisals, health care concerns, eligibility of heirs, life insurance, IRA’s, 401K’s, annuities, burial or cremation costs, and intent regarding death-postponing treatment to name a few. Not knowing your legal and financial rights often ends up costing you more in the end.
THE SOURCE FOR ESTATE PLANNING AND TRUST ACCOUNTING IN LONG BEACH, CA
Onisko & Scholz has a team of experienced tax professionals who spend the majority of their time working on estates and trusts. The CPAs in our tax department are well versed in estate taxes, 706 forms, inheritance taxes, gift taxes, estate planning, death taxes, decedents final tax returns, generation skipping taxes, trust taxes, trust accounting, 1041 exchanges, probate accounting, court ordered accounting, trust tax returns and AB Trusts.
With their knowledge and experience in this area, they strive to minimize taxes paid and provide superior client service. Paul Scholz, CPA and Partner has a Master’s degree in Taxation and has spent almost his entire career practicing in this area.
Thoughts of estate planning often bring more questions than answers: Could an heir be too young to inherit? Should the inheritance be given at a certain age? Is the intended beneficiary in a shaky marriage with divorce as a possibility? Are there children from a previous marriage? Should inheritance be protected from potential creditors of the heir? Are there taxes that can be avoided? Are you able to avoid the probate court rules, delays, and costs?
Planning what happens to your estate when you’re gone can seem frustrating and intimidating without qualified help.
You may feel that you’re too young to care about estate planning. Or, perhaps the reminder of death makes you uncomfortable. You might be tempted to put the whole thing off, assuming that it will just take care of itself. In all cases, estate planning ends up saving your family lots of time, heartache and money.
And we can help.
Every estate planning situation is different. In order to help you, we want to know you, your unique situation, and the nature of your relationships. We offer discussion, recommendations and useful research tools to make your planning simple, efficient, and worry-free. We are available throughout the process for further discussion regarding questions, change of circumstances, and alternatives. At every step, we’ll be there with you.
We help you…
- Clearly define your estate planning goals.
- Organize and create your estate planning team (experts on law, finance, and taxes) if you need one.
- Evaluate and recommend estate planning options.
- Prepare, organize and review your estate planning documents including current wills, trusts, health care and power of attorney.
- Decrease the problems and expenses associated with probate.
- Lessen taxes at time of death.
- Arrange for management of your estate in the event you are incapacitated.
- Draft a working plan for conserving and effectively managing your estate after death.
- Transfer the assets of your estate to heirs the way you want.
- Organize fair and adequate liquidation of estate to cover taxes and other expenses.
- Amend your plan as needed.
You also get help with…
- Living Wills and Trusts.
- Lifetime Family Wealth Transfers.
- Family partnerships and other business relationships.
- Leaving money to charities.
- Preparation for estate and trust tax problems.
The hassles and red tape associated with estate planning can be daunting, but you don’t need to do it alone. Our team is waiting to assist you through every step of the process.
Estate – Estate Tax – 706 – Inheritance Tax – Gift Tax – Estate Planning – Death Tax – Decedents Final Tax Return – Generation Skipping Tax – Trust Tax – Trust Accounting – 1041 – Probate Accounting – Court Ordered Accounting – AB Trust
Serving: Long Beach – Los Angeles – Orange County – Lakewood – Torrance – Irvine – Santa Ana – San Pedro – Rancho Palos Verdes – Gardena – Wilmington – And More!