Our firm is experienced in international tax issues, which is especially convenient since we are located by the Port of Los Angeles and the Port of Long Beach. We assist:
- Foreign nationals living in the U.S.
- EB-5 Investors*
- Foreign Investors
- U.S. residents living abroad
- U.S. residents with a foreign business
- U.S. residents starting a business overseas
* Note: This program is known as EB-5 for the name of the employment-based fifth preference visa that participants receive. The United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) administers the EB-5 Program. Under this program, entrepreneurs (and their spouses and unmarried children under 21) are eligible to apply for a green card (permanent residence) if they:
- Make the necessary investment in a commercial enterprise in the United States; and
- Plan to create or preserve ten permanent full-time jobs for qualified U.S. workers.
There are many opportunities for foreign investors in the United States! We are knowledgeable in this area and are happy to help you through the intricacies of building a business in the United States.
Below are just a few of the many forms we help our clients prepare:
Form 5471 – Information Return of U.S. Persons With Respect to Certain Foreign Corporations
Form 8938 – Statement of Specified Foreign Financial Assets
Form 2555 – Foreign Earned Income
Form 5472 – Information Return of a 25% Foreign-Owned U.S. Corporation or a Foreign Corporation Engaged in a U.S. Trade or Business.
Form TD F 90-22.1 – Report of Foreign Bank and Financial Accounts
Paul Scholz, CPA, who has his Master’s Degree in Taxation, manages our International Tax Practice.
In addition, our firm is a member of CPA Associates International (CPAAI). CPA Associates International is an association of independent CPA and Chartered Accounting firms that provide clients with professional accounting, auditing, tax, and a variety of consulting services. The association has 118 member firms in 57 countries throughout the world.
As the international marketplace becomes ever smaller and ever more critical to companies of any size, we are sure that using the correct forms and tax treatments is a valuable service to our clients.
Please call us if you have a question! As we do with all accounting and tax rulings and laws, we spend hours in continuing education courses in the international tax area to stay current, so our clients receive the most up-to-date advice.