CPA for Nonprofits
We understand the “business” end of your nonprofit organization. Our partners have served on numerous boards of nonprofit entities. We have also directed internal business operations for a variety of nonprofits. Our experience as a nonprofit audit firm and nonprofit audit services varies from religious organizations through federally qualified health centers (FQHC), museums, clinics, transitional housing, and support facilities.
The first step may be to have us help you make sure you are a tax-exempt organization, and help you understand the term nonprofit. See our blog Nonprofit Organization Need to Make a Profit? because the term nonprofit actually refers to the purpose of the organization.
Nonprofit Accounting Services
We help organizations like yours, increase productivity through automation, integration, and user-defined workflows. O&S will drive the process to develop a fully integrated solution to meet your needs in order to achieve your organization’s vision and mission for growth and success!
Nonprofit Development Related Services
To help our nonprofit clients create their all-important revenue streams, we have established charitable giving programs, and created sophisticated financial analysis procedures to measure the performance against fundraising goals. We have also counseled our clients on how to develop internal control procedures to manage these tasks.
We would be happy to assist you in growing your nonprofit “business.”
Nonprofit Assurance Services
Below is a list of nonprofit services that we can deliver with confidence. We have many years of experience with Uniform Guidance and governmental accounting principals that apply in this industry.
- Financial statement audits, reviews, and compilations
- Single audits under OMB Uniform Guidance
- Yellow Book Audits
- Agreed-upon procedures
- Attestation engagements
- Accounting system setup
- Budgets and cash flow projections
- Business and strategic planning
- Evaluation of internal control systems
- System reviews
- Operations consulting
- Pension planning
- Process improvement recommendations
- Contribution management
- Charitable remainder trusts advisement
- Attendance at finance committee and board meetings
- Fraud investigation, prevention, and evaluation
- Training of in-house staff
- Preparing policy and procedure manuals
- Providing external controller and CFO support
- Bank statement reconciliations
- Annual report preparation assistance
Nonprofit Tax Filing Services
- IRS (Exempt from Income Tax) Form 990 preparation
- Unrelated business income tax
- State excise taxes
- Property tax exemptions
- State sales tax issues
Through the causes they support and the people they help, nonprofit entities create livable communities for our society. Through our development-related, assurance, business consulting, and nonprofit tax services, we hope to make your local nonprofit organizations successful and gratifying for their founders, employees, volunteers, and supporters.
Websites that may be helpful to your organization: